Monday, March 26, 2012

Another great week!

Good morning my beloved family! It has been another great week, I'll see how much of it I can include in the next 20 minutes....

First of all zone conference was incredible! Elder Duncan of the 70 came and spoke to us, it was him speaking for 2 hours, lunch, and 2 more hours of him speaking. I LOVED IT! And, I scored a picture with him and his wife-

- I asked if it was okay to take one and he said yes but we had to sneak one fast so all the others there didn't start lining up. It was perfect timing- we took one and a group of Elders walked outside and he disappeared so fast!  But I'm so excited because it was an amazing conference, he talked alot about love and charity and how everything in missionary work and the gospel stems from that. So we talked about how to develop love and how to show love. He said the rest of our lives we're going to have a special love for Canada- we'll hear the word Toronto and our ears will perk up- because we're spending all our time serving and toiling here and so the love we develop for these people will be a special bond that will never fade. You could tell that was true for him, he served in Chile and got so excited when he found out one of the Elders there was from Chile. And he only calls the Sisters "Hermana", even his wife haha! My favorite quote from the whole thing- "The Lord doesn't ask for much from us, just our all- which really isn't much." Then we talked a lot about the ideal perfect lesson, and then how to actually make that lesson a goal every time you teach and how to do it. It was awesome because there's all these things you convince yourself you just can't do as a missionary, so it was a nice wake up call to realize it's really not that hard to do what you need to and are supposed to. So from now on I'm really trying not to limit what the Lord can do here in this area.

It was also super fun because Tuesday night we drove to Scarborough to sleep at the Sisters' apartment there- and Sister Beasley, my MTC companion was there! That was fun to catch up, and this Tuesday night we're spending the night at the Brampton Sisters' apartment- which is Sister Tuisku's area! And the Sisters conference on Wednesday I get to see all the sisters! So I'm super happy. We told the Elders in our district we wouldn't be at district meeting because we have Sisters Conference and they were really jealous- one asked where he had to go to sign up to be a Sister. Too bad son, you missed that in the pre-existence!

So I've been praying and fasting like crazy, and so hopefully next week I'll be sending you so baptism pictures! Our investigator is so so so close, we're just praying he sees it like we do and will be baptized this Sunday. I'm so excited!!

Mom, I loved what you said about how you're trying to prepare to receive revelation at Conference this weekend. Elder Duncan gave some great advice in zone conference that I'm going to try to apply to general conference- he said listen to and take notes on what you're feeling, not necessarily what you're hearing. Especially with General Conference, where in a month we'll get to read the exact words, we should be more focused on the Spirit than the person speaking, because that message is what we personally need so as we listen to our prophets speak we can receive that revelation- but only if we're intently focused on it. I get caught up sometimes in trying to write down their perfect wording that I can't remember why I liked it so much by the time I'm done writing, so this conference is just going to be a good talk with me and the Spirit. I'm so excited for it, Sister Arnold and I made up these awesome invitations that we've been giving out as pass along cards and I'm hoping some people really look at them and come! We went to a members home this week and gave them some invites and asked them to give them out, and I loved what Sister Arnold said- She said Thomas S. Monson isn't just the prophet for the church, he's the prophet for the whole world! When we invite our friends who aren't members or who don't follow our faith, we aren't inviting them to hear our prophet speak, we're invited them to hear THEIR prophet and the revelation they can receive and the spirit they can feel is amazing! So I'm going to try to get any investigators who aren't able to attend to watch it on lds.org afterwards, because what they are teaching is literally meant to be heard by EVERYONE!

I just reread some of that haha yes, in case you can't tell, I'm really excited about Conference! I really have a testimony of it.

I think that's about everything....I hope all is well at home! I'm glad Utah was so good. Erin, congrats on your play! Melissa, I guess congrats on BYU? Lol. Hope school and work is still going well for everyone. Love and praying for you all!

Oh, and Mom, I had the best conversation about art with someone and I wish you could have been there! She had the best ideas about fun art projects- like painting with string! It sounds so fun!  Either making it tense and doing straight lines or just laying it on the canvas and having curved, smooth lines. And I told her about you, and she said if you like mosaic and stuff you probably prefer acrylic paint and would really enjoy painting with a knife, I don't remember exactly what that term is but hopefully you know what I mean. So yeah, I hope you get some time to paint soon!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment