Monday, December 12, 2011

Things here are fantastic

Hey everyone, hope you've had a great week! I loved the pictures, yes I know I have the best ex-roommates ever, I love them! And the house looks so cute as always, I had a weird moment on Saturday when I realized yall were probably decorating for the night of lights. Crazy to think yall are doing normal Christmas stuff right now...


This week has been really good, though we still have no one to teach. It's killing Sister Tuisku, she is not used to an area like this. BUT we have 2 appointments this week with potential investigators, so I'm praying that by my next email we'll have at least one investigator. One of them, Steven, was referred to us by Elders in another area. We called him and he just said "Yeah I was hoping to meet with you and talk about what you believe." It was a MIRACLE, we're meeting with him tonight and I'm super excited. The other's name is Chris, he talked to missionaries over the summer but then got busy and stopped seeing them. He said if he was a Christian he'd be "born again" because he just had a spiritual experience, so we're going back on Wednesday to talk to him. Other than that we're really just focusing on inspiring members to do missionary work, we have a few people who said they might have someone to talk to so I think our work will take off soon. 

There are alot of churches here too, really big pretty old looking buildings. Every town has at least one intersection with one on all 4 corners, there are probably like 10 altogether in Owen Sound. It makes it interesting though because people here have seen alot of missionaries and while they're very religious, they're not very open to talking with us. We really have to get to know people if we have any chance of them even taking a pass along card.

Erin, I think all the time about how much you would LOVE this town, all the buildings are different sizes just like you like. And it feels like every new neighborhood we go to is right on the shore, it's really pretty. This week we got our first real snow, there's about a foot still on the ground but it is slowly melting away. It snowed for 2 days though, we had to cancel our plans to go visit other cities. I don't mind the snow too much, but the cold is RIDICULOUS! I'm not sure exactly how cold it's been but I've been layering like crazy. The tradition in Canada is you take off your shoes every time you go into someone house, which I thought was super weird at first because we would never have the missionaries take off their shoes at home! But here it's polite because otherwise you track water and mud into their house from the snow. So you know how we joked about taking the green frog slippers the Martins gave me to people's houses and wearing them?  Well, I've had multiple people ask if I brought slippers so my feet won't be cold. I haven't worked up the nerve to actually bring that pair, but it made me laugh that we were actually not too far off.

I don't have as much time to write so sorry this letter doesn't have any great spiritual stories, but I hope everything at home has been great!! Things here are fantastic, I love this area. I'm being well taken care of, the members seem to believe we'll if not fed at least 3 times a week so we're well watched over, it's awesome! And the Spirit here is crazy strong, this ward is awesome. I love you all and I'll talk to ya in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment