Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I've never been so busy in my life


This week has been and is going to be insane.....Our entire upcoming week is completely booked, people have to give us about 8 days notice to see us :) We're going to have to arrange some splits this week to see all of our investigators.

We're teaching the BEST new person! Paul is the husband of a member and we have no idea why he isn't baptized. We taught him one of the best plan of salvation lessons I've ever had and committed him to March 17, which turned out to be 1 day before his wife was baptized 12 years ago. So they're both super excited about it! He really just has to go through the lessons and see if he's missed anything while coming to church on and off over the last 5 years. We started to teach the lesson and I was filled with so much love, seeing this family with 2 little girls all sitting around a table learning about the plan God has for them was one of the sweetest sights I've seen on my mission. You could just picture them in the temple becoming an eternal family in the year. I LOVE WORKING WITH FAMILIES!

We're also teaching a man we found street contacting this week, Shawn. We stopped and talked to 2 men and had one of the WORST contacting experiences of my whole mission, I don't know if I've ever been cussed out so bad and for no reason at all, we didn't even invite them to do anything or talk really but one of them exploded at us so Sister Sorensen grabbed my arm and dragged me away before he got to finish. So we walked around for a bit and cooled off, talked to a couple of people, and then found Shawn. I'm pretty sure he was Heavenly Father's direct blessing for the earlier 2 men, because Shawn also hates religion and religious people but in the last few months had some really positive experiences that has made him more curious about the Bible and interested in finding a church. We also taught him the plan of salvation this week and he loved it, he was so grateful to have an alternative to the fire and brimstone interpretation. He set a date for April to work for baptism.

Roger is finally over his awful flu and we're going to meet with him again today- and by we I don't mean me haha we're doing Sisters exchange with Woodstock today! I'm going to Woodstock with Sister Stats and Sister Sorensen and Sister Wester are going to work here. We're all really excited. I'm going to go visit the Butlers, the family we started teaching right before I left and whose niece is getting baptized this Sunday (YES!!!!!), hunt down my recent converts and drag one of their butts back to church, and tell one of the families there that we're reactiving their son who lives in Brantford and he's started going to the addiction recovery program with us every week. Oh, and I guess visit people Sister Stats has planned for us :)

But anyways, Roger and his grandson Anthony are doing really well, they both came to church this Sunday. They're going to set them both with baptismal dates tonight. Brantford's going to baptize like nuts next month!  I've never been so busy in my life. I'll be SO sad next Sunday if I get moved (and I have very little faith I won't be.)

I hope everything is moving forward with the house still!

Love you all, talk to you in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment