Monday, April 22, 2013

Love from Canada

Morning loves- (my new favorite member of the ward is from England and calls us love haha) You live in Utah now! Weird! Haha glad to hear you are taking advantage of seeing everyone though. I hope you're all planning the giant get together party for me once I'm home! If anyone has requests you better send them now- I'm already planning on bringing Cobe ketchup chips as requested a year and a half ago, but if the cousins want anything else please let me know. Guess what? I got snowed on this week too! I hate winter. And it's not even winter anymore! Still, I can't complain- Sister Fisher has been having the coldest experience of her life and it's never even gone below freezing. I love happy faith-filled companions- the area has started TAKING OFF! I know SIster Von Niederhausern and I did alot to lay the ground work for now, but I know that's Sister Fisher's never ending faith is the cause of the current success. One of our new investigators from last week we've dropped, but the other is Peggy-Lynn and she's the SWEETEST woman and we saw her almost every day this week. We do some service for her because she has health issues and she stinking loves us, she told us she knows God sent us. The actually teaching is going slowly but really well, she's gone from saying she'll never convert or come to church to asking us to arrange her a ride for next week. We met her because she's renting her basement to a mormon.org referal, Phillip. We're now teaching Phillip, Peggy-Lynn, and her friend Mary Anne, and her sister in law Mary Lou sat in once and her fiancee is thinking about sitting in. Best house in Brantford haha! Have I mentioned Tina is PERFECT!? I LOVE her, I can't even explain how great she is. She's so excited we have fast Sunday next week instead of in May due to stake conference because she's so excited to fast. She's still working so hard to figure out how to change her living situation so she can be baptized, other than that she is so ready. She made a comment this week about how she wants some kind of renewal and that's probably not going to come till baptism so she just wants to be baptized so bad! A few weeks ago she had said she needed confirmation about baptism to be as sure about that as she is about the Book of Mormon, and then this week she was talking about how she knows she needs to be baptized and can't wait. I told her I was so excited she got that answer, and the next day she told us she was caught off guard when I said that because she'd forgotten she wasn't always so sure about baptism haha. Also, she feeds us at least once a week so I obviously adore her. She and her daughter Tatum came to church this Sunday, both loved it and are coming next week. We did a Brantford exchange this week and I got to work with Sister Sorensen's companion, Sister Ormond. It's so funny working with the baby of your baby, it felt like I'd trained her because she had all the same work style and habits as me lol. This next few weeks are CRAZY! We have skills training and interviews with President Scott tomorrow, Zone Conference with a member of the 70 Monday (I am so excited, I LOVED last time a GA came!), and then zone training that Friday. We're also probably going to do another Brantford exchange and a zone sister's exchange. And my district leader asked me to do district meeting on the 7th. BUSY MUCH? We had to take in the car to get the bumper fixed this week so we're going to be carless again....Back to the buses, where all my skills disolve and it's like I'm back in Owen Sound again and suddenly scared to talk to people. I'm determined to be better this week than I was last time I was on the bus! So I'm trying to finish the new testament and the Book of Mormon before I go home, and I love reading the 2 together. Admittedly Paul goes over my head alot, I'm not really smart enough to understand all of the Bible, but I love seeing how the 2 really do go hand in hand. The same themes and principles will be in both, if I notice something in the Book of Mormon the same thing will pop up 3 days later in the New Testament. I love the way they support each other! I guess that's all. Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment